African Trade Insurance Agency Jobs 2020 are available for those qualified. Apply now for the African Trade Insurance Agency job postions before the closing date.
On this page We will treat the following: African Trade Insurance Agency Vacancies, African Trade Insurance Agency Jobs 2020, African Trade Insurance Agency Recruitment Application form 2020, Job portal, job postitions…
The Employment board of African Trade Insurance Agency announces job positions that are available for Applicants. The African Trade Insurance Agency Vacancies comes with requirements which One must meet to stand a chance.
African Trade Insurance Agency is a pan-African institution that provides political risk insurance to companies, investors, and lenders interested in doing business in Africa. With deep roots in Africa, we are best positioned to understand and assess the risks here – and to help mitigate them.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Strong credit experience, preferably with an African bank of credit institution
- Fluent in English and, preference will be given to candidates with additional fluency in French orPortuguese
- A minimum of 5 years banking and credit experience in one of the following regions: FrancophoneEast, Central or West Africa
- Good personal network in that region (banking and corporate)
- Master’s Degree in Business/Economics, or equivalent through experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Under the oversight of the Senior Credit Analyst and overall supervision of Chief Risk Officer, your functions and duties shall be as follows:
- For a given set of countries, analyse and monitor the general economic and political environmentinsofar it affects the creditworthiness of companies, including:
Key sectors of the economy and their performance
Quality and availability of information on companies
The regulatory environment i.e. government regulations and policies towards commercialentities
The legal environment i.e. security perfection, bankruptcy and legal ways for debt collection
- Undertake financial analysis of corporate customers using credit skills, ratio analysis; evaluation ofparent support policies; judgement of management and strategy. In this respect, analyse historicaland projected financial statements of potential and existing obligors, as well as potential and existingATI insured’s; monitor receipt of quarterly/annual financial information and credit grading of accountsfor annual review; monitor the quality of ATI’s credit exposure portfolio by ensuring that limits areconsistent and respected, and to identify and signal early warning signs of credit deterioration
- Review and update (as may be required from time to time) the organisation’s credit informationdatabase and obligor underwriting system
- Evaluate and understand risks associated with individual applications for insurance, the underlyingproject, parent support policies, quality of management and strategy and recommend appropriate riskmitigation measures
- Ensure compliance with ATI’s policies, including the provisions of the operations manual and ensurethat ATI’s policy breaches are properly authorised at the correct senior approving level
- Have contacts with key clients, banks and obligors in order to develop both general intelligenceon a given sector or region and specific information about private obligors and public buyers
- Evaluate and document the soundness of the credit management policies of lenders and traders;
- Contribute to debt collection and risk mitigation actions
- Contribute to corporate communication exercises, workshops and conferences
- Travel on regular basis to meet information sources, clients, banks, buyers and other business partners
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
Method of Application
- An Application Letter (cover letter)
- CV including details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees
- Personal History Form
The closing date for application is Saturday, 11th July 2020 at Midnight Nairobi time
Candidates are expected to be completely fluent in English therefore all applications must be submitted in English only.
Please note that once your application is submitted, ATI will only contact short-listed candidates. ATI does not accept unsolicited job applications.